There’s a saying that goes, “One can never have too many options.” Well, that’s not always the case! When it comes to choosing the best fence to meet your needs, you’ll find that there are a lot of options available, which can be overwhelming at first. It can be difficult to determine what type of fence will best fit your needs.
Choosing the right fence means carefully considering the characteristics of each type, and then determining how those characteristics compare to your intended use for your new fence. As your local fencing company in Carlsbad, NM, we want to help you get started. We’ve put together a list of our five most common types of fences and their applications. Let’s take a look at each:
- Barbed wire: Barbed wire has twisted wire at regular intervals along the wire fencing that are incredibly sharp. The fence itself is not the strongest material, but the sharp points are an effective deterrent. Barbed wire is most commonly used to keep animals contained, particularly cattle. However, it is also a good option for security. The sharp points will keep people and animals out of an area you want to protect or keep off limits.
- Chain link: Chain link is a very affordable option and easy to install. While it’s not a good option if you’re looking to install a fence for privacy, it is a good option for maintaining security while still offering optimal visibility. Chain link fences are great for sport fields and facilities, parking lots, industrial buildings, factories and dog enclosures. If you’re looking for a fence that is affordable and easy to maintain, but still want a moderate of security, a chain link fence is a great option.
- Commercial fences: Commercial fences can be for businesses or commercial properties like apartment buildings or residential communities. These fences are most useful for security purposes, keeping unauthorized individuals out and maintaining privacy.
- Privacy/residential fences: Privacy or residential fences typically have two purposes: keeping children and pets in and keeping nosy neighbors out. A privacy fence comes in a variety of materials, including wood, vinyl, synthetics and PVC. All of these materials can be designed and built to meet your specific needs and match the style of your home.
- Ranch/farm fences: Ranch or farm fences may come in a variety of materials, from wood to vinyl, but their purpose is the same: to keep animals contained and/or create boundaries or property lines. As a farmer or rancher, it’s important that your animals and crops are protected, and ranch fences are the best way to do that.
At Guadalupe Mountain Fencing LLC, your local fencing company in Carlsbad, NM, we offer all the above types of fences. If you’re not sure what will work best for you, we’ll be happy to go over the different types and applications with you in person. To learn more about our products and services, give us a call or fill out our contact form. We look forward to assisting you!