While barbed wire fences are most commonly used in agricultural settings, you’ll find them used for various other reasons as well. This strong type of fencing has sharp little barbs that are ideal for establishing control over certain areas and entry points.
Here are a few examples of some of the most common uses of barbed wire fences in Carlsbad, NM:
- Protection: Protection is perhaps the most common reason why people opt for barbed wire fences, as it keeps people and animals from entering a certain area. For example, you can use it to keep animals away from a vegetable or flower patch, especially if you have particularly valuable crops. It’s also frequently used at commercial or industrial sites to keep would-be intruders at bay.
- Containment: Just as important as keeping things out, in some cases, is keeping things in. Again, in agricultural settings, barbed wire fences can keep livestock on farmland and prevent them from running away, which could result in some lost money for the farmers. Barbed wire fencing is also commonly used at prison sites to keep prisoners in. If those prisoners try to run away, they risk significant injury due to the sharpness of the wiring.
- Deterrent: Even if the owner of a property does not have anything he or she specifically intends or needs to protect, it can still act as a deterrent to potential thieves or intruders. It’s quite accessible and cheap, which means you can buy up a lot of it and use it around large areas. For example, train companies often put barbed wire fences along their railways. This isn’t because they’re attempting to protect any of their property, but more so to keep members of the public from walking on rail tracks, which can be a major safety hazard. The presence of barbed wire at a commercial property can also be a visual deterrent to intruders.
- Division: Barbed wire fences are a good way to divide land areas in more rural locations, and can even divide states, towns and other types of borders, though now there are many government regulations that prevent this. There are still many locations along the U.S. border with Mexico, for example, where barbed wire is used as a primary means of preventing people from crossing the border without the proper permission.
- Army: Barbed wire fences are extremely popular in the army, as they are capable of simulating a variety of combat conditions. They are often used in team building exercise at army training facilities, and can be used to test the strength or materials used for clothing and equipment that soldiers would use out in the field.
These are just a few examples of some of the most common uses of barbed wire fences in Carlsbad, NM. For more information about why you might want to choose a barbed wire fence for your property and to get a quote for the design and installation of that fencing, contact the team at Guadalupe Mountain Fencing LLC today.