As a homeowner, there are many reasons why you’d want a nice fence around your home. For starters, residential fences can keep your family safe and protect your property against intruders. But private homes aren’t the only places in your neighborhood or community that can benefit from quality fencing—parks can, too.
Good reasons for park fences
Why surround community parks with any type of fence? City parks project management teams have similar reasons as homeowners for wanting fences:
- Safety: Quality fencing can create safer play areas for small children. There’s still plenty of open space in the park, but kids are safe from the dangers posed by nearby streets and residential areas. Fencing can also be placed around playground equipment, as well as used to seal off potentially dangerous features, like large bodies of water, utility boxes and wooded areas.
- Security: Whether the park is surrounded by metal or wood fencing, a fence keeps park visitors safe. It also protects the park, people and park equipment from trespassers with intent to cause destruction. Is the park near a forest or wooded area? A park fence can keep wild animals out of the park space.
- Aesthetics: A nice looking fence will likely add curb appeal and aesthetics to your community park. It’s also a pleasant looking way to define the park’s boundary lines. And when the right fence is built, it flows with the natural landscape and surrounding homes, buildings and land.
Style options for park fences
In an effort to preserve the beauty of a park, a fence may be built around it. Fences can be installed later or during new park construction. Here’s a look at some of the most common style options for park fences in Carlsbad, NM:
- Chain link fence: Chain link fences are affordable for community and city parks and recreation organizations. They are easy to install, and when installed correctly can provide adequate security for a variety of park settings. As simple as it looks to install chain link, it’s best to hire a professional who can ensure fence stability.
- Industrial steel: If your park can benefit from a high security, customizable fence, then you should look into industrial steel fence panels. Steel is durable and can be customized to accommodate specific fence heights, rail placements and colors. What makes industrial steel a particularly popular choice for city parks is that builders have the option to make the fence as high as it needs to be. Needing to cover a specific space is always possible with this type of fence style.
- Industrial aluminum: If you want the most durable fence money can buy, opt for industrial aluminum. This type of fence is put together with the utmost strength in mind, but also with an eye to appearance to ensure it offers stellar visual appeal to both park visitors and passersby.
Before building a community park fence, talk to the city parks planning team or your neighborhood spokesperson about fencing styles and options. For more information about fence materials, the installation process or the available types of park fences in Carlsbad, NM, don’t hesitate to contact the knowledgeable team at Guadalupe Mountain Fencing LLC. Give us a call anytime!