Have you been considering a privacy fence? Some of the most durable and beautiful privacy fence options are thanks to R-panels and sheet metal fencing. These fences are easy to install and maintain, due to their variety of sizes as well as colors and designs.
Generally, sheet metal fencing comes in 6’, 9’ and 12’ options. Each panel is 3’ wide, allowing you to completely customize your size and space. Unlike other types of fencing, sheet metal fencing offers no gaps, making it easy to completely shield your home from view.
Here are some of the other pros and cons to using R-panels and sheet metal fences in Carlsbad, NM
- Durable: The number one benefit to sheet metal fencing—even beyond its total privacy—is how durable it is. Since metal fencing is made from sheets of corrugated metal, it’s not subject to rot, insects, mold or mildew like traditional fencing materials. In fact, you should get about 25 to 30 years out of your fence.
- Sustainable: Your sheet metal fence is most likely made with recycled metal, and when you’re done with it, chances are, it can be recycled, too. This is a great choice for anyone looking to make their home or business a little more green.
- Low maintenance: Since metal fencing isn’t subject to the same sort of wear and tear that wooden fencing is, you’ll spend significantly less time on maintenance. You won’t need to paint, sand or waterproof your fence—and it’s always nice to take one more thing off the yearly to-do list.
- Pushes water away from property: When you have a metal fence, its corrugated sheets actually push water away from your property line. It won’t collect at the installation site, making it a great choice for properties with plumbing issues or that suffer from a lot of inclement weather or runoff.
- Easy to install: Metal fencing is easy enough that you could install it yourself (although you’d be risking a lower quality job and selection than you’d be able to get from a professional fencing contractor). The panels are lightweight and snap together.
- Versatile: You’re only limited by your imagination here. Whether you want an outdoor shower, a way to fence your pool off or to give your garden some texture and style, sheet metal fencing is a great option.
- Limited availability: Unfortunately, the selection of sheet metal fencing panels in hardware stores is limited—fencing contractors will have the most options available to them.
- Reflects sound: Finally, metal fencing can reflect sound around your property, so if you have loud kids or pets, it might not be your best option.
R-panel and sheet metal fences in Carlsbad, NM
Guadalupe Mountain Fencing LLC is Carlsbad’s premier fencing contractor. No matter how big your property is, we can help fence it off safely and affordably, using anything from barbed wire to chain link and sheet metal. Since 2010, we have been serving southern New Mexico and west Texas with high-quality materials and labor. Ready to install your own sheet metal fence? Call us today to find out more.