If you’re considering privacy fence installation, there are many factors to weigh. While you may focus on color, materials, security features and other aspects of the fencing, height should be one of the top considerations. To determine the appropriate height for your privacy fence installation, use the following guidelines:
- Typical height: Fences typically range between three and eight feet in height. If you are considering a height that is outside of this norm, you may encounter challenges. However, custom options are available. Contact your local fence company for more information on unique fence heights.
- Regulations: Always check local laws and neighborhood regulations before finalizing your privacy fence installation. Cities commonly set limits for fence heights, and neighborhood associations may also have rules that must be followed for height allowances. Your specific location may also affect the allowable height, if you are near utilities, for example.
- Key regulation factors: Regulations vary by region and housing development. However, these laws are typically guided by factors such as the slope of your land, the shape of your land, whether there is a pool on the property, the presence of trees and other obstructions, the visibility of your lot, the presence of sidewalks and the spacing between properties.
- Style selection: The height of your fence may also depend on the type of materials and style you choose. Often, wood materials are used for taller fences in residential settings. You should keep in mind the cost, value and maintenance involved in privacy fence installation. These factors should guide your final material and height selection.
- Front vs. back: Keep in mind where your privacy fence installation will occur. Different heights are appropriate for front and back yards. Local regulations may also vary based on the location of the fence. Usually, taller fences are appropriate for back yards rather than front yards. Your local fence installation company can help you determine the best height for your setting.
- Extensions: As you determine the height of your privacy fence installation, keep fence extensions in mind. This lattice or picket material may not count toward the height of the fence to meet regulation requirements. Consult with your local regulating authority to confirm, then discuss your options with your local fence experts.
- Expert input: To choose the best height for your privacy fence installation, be sure to obtain input from fencing professionals. With extensive experience in privacy fence installation, these experts can provide valuable insight. Look for a company that has experience in the industry and a track record of success with a long line of satisfied customers.
Get the perfect height
Guadalupe Mountain Fencing LLC has been the area’s go-to source for privacy fencing installation since 2010. Our experts specialize in commercial, residential, farm and ranch fencing. We offer a full range of fencing options, including barbed wire, piped, chain link, high, net wire and oil field fencing. For quality privacy fencing installation at competitive rates, contact us today. Reach our experienced team at 575-361-3216. We look forward to providing the perfect fence for your property.