Is your fence damaged and in need of repair? Perhaps you’re thinking of saving yourself some money and doing DIY fence repair. Maybe you’re generally handy and feel confident in your ability to patch up your fence.
Here are our leading pros and cons for doing fence repair on your own.
Pros of DIY fence repair
- Initial cost: Of course, you will save money in the short term if you choose to do fence repair yourself. You will only need to spend money on fence repair tools and equipment. You won’t have to pay for labor, other than with your free time.
- Build skills: If you do more fence repair on your own, you will get better at it. If you want to have skills and confidence in fence repair, the DIY path is a good choice.
- Customization: You get to choose everything yourself when you go it alone. On the other hand, your lack of knowledge could negatively affect the project, as a fencing contractor will know what works and what doesn’t.
Cons of DIY fence repair
- Poor workmanship: Just like with anything else, what you pay for is what you get. You likely don’t have the expertise that a fencing contractor does.
- Time-consuming: If you’re fixing a fence yourself, get ready to spend your weekends doing work. On top of that, there’s going to be a lot of trial and error involved when you go to repair the fence. An expert will know exactly what needs to be done, so there won’t be any wasted time.
- Risk: A licensed and insured professional will know how to do this work without risking injury. If you’re repairing materials like chain link or barbed wire, it can be dangerous.
- Long-term cost: While you’ll save on initial cost, in the long run, it may be less expensive to hire a fencing contractor. That’s because they’ll do the job correctly the first time, avoiding the potential that it will need to be done again. You also won’t have to buy the tools and equipment to complete the job.
When to hire a professional fencing contractor
In most instances, it’s smarter to hire a professional fencing contractor. There are some instances where you may want to do it yourself, such as for a very small project or if you’re on a very tight budget. In all other instances, it’s better to bring in the pros.
Experts can guarantee better results. They’ll handle your fencing needs with an expert hand. They’re familiar with a wide range of fencing materials, from wood to mesh, and will produce a better outcome in less time. When you invest in your fencing, you can boost your property value. A well-secured property with an attractive-looking fence will be a boon if you ever decide to sell.
If you’re looking to hire a professional fencing contractor, then Guadalupe Mountain Fencing LLC is here for you. We’re a fully-licensed and insured contractor that delivers real results on every job, no matter how big or small. Contact us right now, and ask about our affordable prices.