Sheet fencing metal is a fencing type that is often used for industrial and commercial properties. It keeps people from trespassing and adds an aesthetic appeal to a property. If you are thinking about installing it on your property, here is a list of pros and cons to consider:
Pros of Using Metal for Fencing
Here is a list of benefits of metal fencing:
- It is a sustainable choice. One of the best things about metal fencing is that it can be recycled and used again. This makes this type of fencing sustainable and environmentally friendly.
- It is durable. Metal fencing is a good investment because its lifespan is about 25-30 years. The thickest panels can last even longer — up to 75 years.
- It requires little maintenance. Unlike vinyl or wooden fencing options, metal fences are very easy to take care of. There is no need to apply painting, staining, or any waterproof agent to keep the metal fencing in good condition.
- It is easy to install. You do not have to have special skills or knowledge to install a metal fence. You will be able to do it even if you have never dealt with this type of fencing before.
- It is versatile. Metal fences are good for any type of property and can fit in with any landscape.
Cons of Using Metal Fencing
Using metal for fencing has certain disadvantages and limitations that you also need to know:
- It has sharp edges. Sheet metal panels might have sharp edges. However, if you purchase ready-made panels, you can get away from this disadvantage.
- Access to different colors and shapes is limited. If you want to have something more unique than a basic metal fence, you may have to work with a professional contractor or manufacturer directly to get exactly what you want.
- It can reflect sounds. Often, metal fences echo loud sounds. It can be a serious issue if you have kids who play outside or a barking dog. Therefore, you may receive noise complaints from your neighbors. For this reason, sheet metal fencing is not the best option for residential properties.
Guadalupe Mountain Fencing, LLC – Professional Fence Contractor in New Mexico
Do you own a property in Carlsbad, NM, or any other nearby area, and are you looking for a fence contractor for fencing installation? Then, do not look any further than Guadalupe Mountain Fencing, LLC. Our company has been successfully operating since 2010 and serving clients in New Mexico in Texas. We specialize in installing and repairing different types of fences, including sheet metal fencing as well. If you have questions about the services we offer, please do not hesitate to contact us.